It is now summertime in Arizona, which means folks are spending more time in their pools cooling down. Please be careful in and around water at all times. Keep these easy tips in mind this summer – and all year round:
- Always watch your children around any body of water. Designate a water watcher.
- Remember, a child can drown in as little as 2 inches of water.
- Install a fence around your pool and a self-closing, self-locking gate.
- Enroll your children in swimming lessons.
- Keep lifesaving equipment next to the pool.
- Register for an American Red Cross CPR course by calling (602) 336-6660.
Have a fun and safe summer! Remember, Arizona is a great place to relocate to or own a vacation home due to the many lakes that are nearby. Although it is hot, there are numerous ways to cool down and have a great summer.